Thursday, May 15, 2008

Ahhhh! The Sweet Smell of Ink.

I walked into this project and the smell itself took me back to Myers School of Art. This Project was originally a project of MCC and they are now their own independent enterprise. They produce greeting cards and collaborate with another enterprise nearby which produces handbags, called Action Bag (another former MCC project) Both of these enterprises have products sold through 10,000 Villages although most of their buyers are from Europe and Japan.




Cloth screen prints drying. They will be made into a book bag eventually at Action Bag.



Look at that color! I envy this environment . . . actually, early next week I will be shopping for all of the supplies to start making my own screen prints. I love clay. . . but the logistics here are a bit overwhelming unless I would be here for years and build my own kiln etc . . .


1 comment:

SM said...

Hi Austin and Marita Miller Family!

Very nice travel & beautiful photos you have been taking.

I found your blog while searching for Action bags and Eastern Screen Printers contact. IS there any chance that you have their email contact?

Thanks & Regards,
Sandra Miranda
smiranda@panocru.com

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.