Sunday, June 8, 2008

Dhaka Sightings

I went to Old Dhaka and took too many really bad pictures and this is all that survived my unscrupulous deleting frenzy. I took the picture of the sculpture below so that next time I went to old Dhaka I would have my bearings. It''s not unsightly and actually quite beautiful compared to some I've had to look at recently. I really need a polarizing filter. . . I hate a washed out sky.




Why are Hindi movie posters so fascinating to me . . . and to most artsy westerners for that matter? The picture was quite awful even though I upped the contrast, but all that aside I still like it.




For this picture I was sitting on the back side of a horse-drawn taxi in the middle of a traffic jam. Unfortunately this rickshaw driver had some phlegm that was not cooperating with my photo opportunity. Looking at it closer . . . maybe he was getting ready to spit at me . . . hmmm . . .


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.