Friday, August 14, 2009

Bali: The Beauty of Color (for Shannon)

One of the most fantastic things about Bali is it's natural color, especially as displayed in the flowers all over the island. This little collection is a sampling after sorting through 100's. I am remembering Shannon Wenger as I type this post. Her death has given me pause and I recall all of the color that she added to my life. She truly was a beautiful and rare flower whose life seemed so short and yet she lived it to it's fullest...without pretense. Right now she is enjoying a beauty I can only imagine, but will continue to look for in the people around me and in the good things that God has created.






This reminded me of when I would visit Science Museums and the mad scientist would ask for a volunteer to stick their hand on the electric ball. It also reminds me of fireworks. The frizzled and "burnt out" blossoms are an interesting contrast to the carefree lightness of the "one" in full bloom.







A spectacular colorful mushroom forest on the inside of a flower.







spinning teacups







Outrageous colors bundled together in an outrageous form.







This blossom doesn't actually grow in the water but look just fine there. The colors are so subtle that it looks like they were Photoshopped to get a muted restrained effect. You know it's bad when you look at nature and wonder if it's been Photoshopped! I guess it just proves the point that God can make whatever makes him happy. . . and has!







Consider the lily. It looks like a whole bunch of white-headed yellow worms are at a green table sharing ten cups of golden tea enshrouded by curtains of dreamlike pinks.







Soaking up the sun! The petal-less stems look like microphones at a press conference which I guess would make the flowers little satellite dishes.







She loves me!







One of those uncanny colors that are rare in nature and look best if they stay there in my opinion.







I love it when awkward-looking, knobby-kneed, sparsely-leaved trees burst into unlikely exuberant bloom.

1 comment:

Discover... Experience said...

Loved the flowers six and eight in this sequence Austin. Amazing colors!

Shahid

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.