Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bali: Still Life on a Black Sand Beach



Nothing like water on stones . . .





This little beauty of driftwood is dramatically framed by black sand and black rocks. It now sits in my living room on top of a picture book of India.





Here is the leaf image that I promised to post. It kind of reminds me of when I used to take electronics apart and there was this mysterious green board with solder pimples all over it and a road map of silver lines.




Being a potter I think one of my most beautiful finds was these tile pieces that the ocean has had her way with. Look at those rounded edges and the soft white underglaze lines. I want to spend a month at that beach and then make a big mosaic with all of my tile finds.





Blue coral washed up on black sand.





These little net weights were another beautiful piece of ceramic that aged quite well in the sea. I couldn't figure out what it was when one washed up but then when I looked at all the fishing boats I discovered this. The blues add a perfect complement of color.





And here is the catch . . . Sardines?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haven't stopped by your blog in a while...it was the perfect visual feast & respite in the midst of less then appealing day. LOVE the colors, the composition...a wee bit jealous of the international adventure you call life. :)

Blessings,
Derenda Ropp

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.