Sunday, January 25, 2009

Batik Training in Kuala Lumpur Part II

Yep, that's me wielding the tjanting.






Layer of wax #1





Layer of wax #4? Sideways If you want to see the finished product...visit me





The scale grows. How am I going to deal with those unsightly wax drips? Is it not ruined? Of course not . . . it's handmade.





Batik doodles on cotton.





Blue and green (for you my love), on handwoven cotton (a pain to batik).





The result of a tchap that I had made on Old Elephant Road. A tchap is basically a metal stamp used to transfer the design from hot wax receptacle to the fabric (in this case Caritas Silk). This method is used in more commercial batik applications. As you may imagine this design would have taken a lot more belaborment with a tjanting.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed these photos!
Dad

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.