Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Vignettes from Malaysia

What can I say...I love rope and this "save the tree" contraption with wood and wire and rope was fascinating to me.





What can I say . . . I love grids. I was walking back to the entrance of the canopy-walk park with my family (me, lagging behind with my camera) and found this grid on the road. I like that it follows all of the rules and yet still does not conform. I was struck with the contrast of new leaves sprouting from below with old ones fallen from above and their complementary colors. I hereby proclaim this photo a window of contemplation. Ha! Spiritualize it. Psychoanalyze it. Deconstruct it. Criticize it. Write a poem about it. It is very versatile. I did resurrect it's squareness in Photoshop with the "skew" tool due to lack of a tripod and a latent desire to maintain the natural lighting (as if that couldn't be dealt with in Photoshop as well).


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.