Sunday, April 26, 2009

Papaya Salad: Secret Recipe















I love Thai food. I made papaya salad the other day. I didn't have the dried shrimp and I used about a tenth of the chilies that they do on the street in Bangkok. Believe me, it was still plenty spicy. Last time I was in Thailand I bought a salt-glazed ceramic mortar and a wooden pestle and I just had to use it for more than dining room decor! Inside this salad are, tomatoes, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, green papaya (shredded with a serrated vegetable peeler), chilies, cilantro (not a normal addition), roasted peanuts (personally roasted by me), garlic, long beans, and shallots (another addition by me). I didn't give all the details, but it wouldn't be a secret recipe then would it? If I get a spare minute, I may take a picture of my mortar and pestle and add it to this post.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.