Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Toy Railroad: Darjeeling, India




Boys on train, in their glory.







Breaking up the coal on top of the steam engine.







The name of the engine?
I want one of these outside of my apartment. Gold and red and blue, slightly distressed, industrial primaries.







This monochromatic image feels to me as if there is a little white sticker on top to identify the product. "I feel a package design coming on!"







I love the gadgetry of old steam engines. Each little crank and gear and valve a mystery that I am content to leave a mystery. Somehow if I understood it all, I believe I would lose my fascination.








Stoking the fires! I never realized how labor intensive the steam engine really was. We stopped several times on our short journey to ?add more water? to the engine.






At the roundabout for a little "gaze at the vista" break.

1 comment:

Tshering said...

lovely photos of the locos. the dhr has always been a magnificent work of art. the kids look lovely.

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.