Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nepal: Art on the Walls

I love the light and the shadows. It sort of made this face look like a pudgy Zorro. The color in the original took away from the effect . . . believe me.





I didn't know that you were allowed to do this. If I ever build a brick home, I plan to make some of the bricks and do all sorts of cool stuff like this.





I will probably outsource the doors to the wonderful craftsmen of Nepal . . . using non-endangered wood of course.





I love this monochromatic vignette of an urban sketchpad. The broken window and the non-window is the icing on the cake (for me).





Must be a political symbol of sorts because I found him (the buffalo) again. I guess politics and art have never been too far apartNote the symbol inside the buffalo that the Nazis stole from the Hindus and inverted and perverted. Honestly, I don't know what it means to the Hindus and I was a bit disturbed when I first saw it all over the place.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.