Thursday, September 4, 2008

Thirsty Leaves

I took these shots this morning from our veranda. This image captures what I saw when I took the picture. By sharpening it a bit and portraying it in black and white, I think I captured a little bit of the beauty of the chemistry of water and the subtleties of the leaf upon which the droplets crowd.





Here is the unvarnished image before it met Photoshop. Critique anyone?



I love color and so with this next photo I went crazy with the tropical green that was in my memory versus the unfamiliar hues that my camera captured.




...those unfamiliar hues.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the b/w best. Did you mess with the contrast at all? Also - your green is much better then straight out of the camera. Lusher (if such a word exists)
Wren

Austin and Marita Miller Family said...

I did mess with the contrast a bit but I used the b&w dialog box and used a blue filter. It was kind of exploratory. I knew what I wanted but I didn't walk straight there...I meandered...and dead-ended a couple of times.

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.