Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nepal: Doors and a Doorway

The thing that compelled me to take this picture was the monochromatic subject matter being imposed upon by the red and blue of the blanket and baby barrel (not full sized). What keeps bringing me back to this photo is the leaf streamers and their shadows. I never did figure out why they hang these things outside of their houses. I don't think they are just drying pretty leaves.




Ah, the beauty of a carved door.





I chose black and white because I love the pattern in this image. It almost reminds me of an austere Klimt. I would like to stick my own arbitrary colors into this photo. In fact, maybe I will.





Wood is so beautiful. I like it in the forest and I like it as a door. I'm a hugger. A tree hugger and a lumber hugger.





Finally the lack of a door, otherwise known as a doorway. A cigarette advert. Bricks playing peek-a-boo, Ganesh, and an oblivious goat.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.