Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nepal: Leaves, Walls and the Colors Orange and Sepia

Sometimes I hate the artificiality of painted bricks but sometimes the chalky distemper paint does the trick. The leaves on the other hand are the handiwork of a master.






I tried converting this picture into black and white and it looked so otherworldly that I figured nobody would believe that I found it on this planet.





These walls kind of reminded me of the American southwest. I would hate to live here because I would hate to take this much beauty for granted . . . yes, it would probably come to that.





These complementary colors just jumped out at me. There was no fear in the person painting this little restaurant. (I think it would make a great clay studio myself . . . the food would stay of course)





This bowl made from leaves is another work of genius. I think that it serves a religious purpose because I found it in the courts of an outdoor Hindu temple. If you look closely you can see the toothpick-like stitches which I didn't notice until I was breezing through my photos and halted astounded. Somehow sepia did the trick for me although I cannot articulate why.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.