Sunday, September 21, 2008

Nepal: Flowerage and Leaf Shadow Play

I saw a bunch of these swishy beauties way down the hill and I was too hurried to go down and get the shot. I thought it would just be a pleasant memory instead of a photographic artifact. God was smiling on me though because as I walked home from eating breakfast in town one morning I looked up and lo and behold there they were in all of their sensuality. Georgia O'Keefe would have fainted at the sight, of that I am sure.









This is a biggish blossom that my middle son found and my oldest son brought to me to take a picture of . . . for show and tell. Notice how beautiful the browning petals are. If you could have held it . . . it was Delicate with a capital (D). That word actually looks better italicized. Okay, it was delicate italicized.





Looking down the hill alongside the path I was captivated at the beauty of the shadows created by the sun shining through a bug-eaten leaf onto a non-bug-eaten leaf. It somehow makes me think of marriage and how in some areas one partner has some gaping holes . . . some glaring needs and how those holes sometimes bring something beautiful out of the other partner that never would have been revealed otherwise. Anyhow the whole thing is extremely coherent in my mind . . . of course. Enjoy the picture . . . all of you fellow bug-eaten people


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.