Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nepal: Awe and Wonder

The deep greens of the forest always take me back to Northwestern Ontario. On this "short" trek to Namobuddah I saw this sight and was awed. I can still smell those pine needles. The hundreds of shades of green beckon to me, inviting me to enter into the mystery of their community.




The following two images were quick snaps as I was hurrying back along the trail wondering if I would be home by supper time to see my family. On the first snap, I focused on the mountains and then centered the picture and on the second I focused on the sky. Two totally different feelings. If I get enough time someday, I'd like to marry the first hills with the second sky in the chapel of Photoshop. (Okay...don't laugh...groan!)








In real life the little patch of green in the bottom right of this picture just about took my breath away the way the sun was hitting it. In the photo . . . let's just say that I probably won't hyperventilate anytime soon.




What is more beautiful: Clouds or Mountains? I'll take both . . . I'm getting goosebumps.


No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Color Marinade Blogs by Austin D. Miller is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.